Dear Supporter --
Starting Monday, May 2nd, our action network partners at the Minnesota Recovery Connection (MRC) and the Hazelden Betty Ford Institute of Recovery Advocacy will officially launch a digital Recovery Advocacy Action Week!
Running from May 2-6, this week will present a tremendous opportunity for all of us to put a face on addiction and recovery. Facing Addiction is proud to partner with many of our action network partners in promoting this terrific week of advocacy!
Take action and advocate on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and wherever else you’re social. Here is a list of recommended social posts and the #HashTags for each day of the #RAAW16 week:
· Monday – #ThisIsWhatRecoveryLooksLike – Celebrate recovery by sharing a picture on social media that shows what recovery looks like in your life.
· Tuesday – #OurStoriesHavePower – Smash some more stigma by sharing a brief written description of your recovery on social media.
· Wednesday – #CARA2016 – Record and post on social media a short video describing why you support the Comprehensive Addiction & Recovery Act, and “tag” your U.S. representative. We’ll edit together a compilation of your videos afterward!
· Thursday – #AltarumBHchat – Interact with Hazelden Betty Ford’s William Moyers, one of the nation’s leading voices on recovery advocacy, in a Twitter chat hosted at 1 pm CT by our friends at the Altarum Institute. After the initial chat, stick around and interact with others leaders from Hazelden Betty Ford, Altarum, MRC, Facing Addiction and YPR.
· Friday – #2ndChances – Support opportunities for redemption by sharing on social media examples of why second chances are important, including any you may have received.
As shown above, each day has a different hashtag for you to use. Please tag @FacingAddiction and your favorite action network partners in your posts using hashtag for the week - #RAAW16.
Thank you and let’s continue Facing Addiction together!
Director of Digital Content